BLT’s are one of my favorite sandwiches, I just love the creamy freshness of it. I also love avocado so what could be better than adding a little California in it! Instead of a sandwich this is a great salad that merges these flavors together. I have to admit this is my spin-off of the recipe on the back of the suddenly salad box (sometimes I’m just too tired). I did try theirs but the mix is strange tasting to me and really all you need is ranch and a few fresh ingredients. If you want to kick it up add a little hot sauce.
- 1 box of pasta
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into wedges
- 8-10 slices of bacon (your preference)
- 1 bag of mixed lettuce (12 oz.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- One pack of Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- One Cup Mayo
- One Cup Milk
Refrigerate the dressing for 30 minutes to thicken before tossing it with the other ingredients.
For a lighter and healthier version all you need it to just the Greek yogurt ranch recipe, turkey bacon and wheat pasta. Trust me you can hardly tell the difference.
- Make a Healthy BLT Ranch Pizza [Intro to Cooking] (collegecandy.com)
- BLT Pasta Salad–a great summertime recipe (angelamoore.typepad.com)
- The Ultimate BLT Sandwich (werd.com)
- BLT Salad with Garlic, Parmesan Croutons and Honey Mustard Dressing (delightfulnibbles.com)
- How To Make An Avocado BLT (uniquedaily.com)