I absolutely love making cranberries for Thanksgiving and I always buy the huge bag from Sams Club – normally I use the left overs for Christmas decorating. I don’t know what happened this year, I was just too busy so I had all these cranberries to use. I love, love, love the trifle bowl so I starting looking for recipes. I found this on bettycrocker and added to it slightly. This is a quick and easy.
Note: To fill my trifle bowl I had to double the below recipe.
- 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (8oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (8oz) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cans (14oz each) whole berry cranberry sauce (I made my own)
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Fold in the whipped topping and then add the pineapple.
- Spoon the cranberry sauce to cover the bottom of the dish. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the cranberry sauce being careful not to mix the two together. Repeat one more time so you have two layers of each.
- Top with candied walnuts or cashews. (I buy them in the baking section…don’t tell)