Growing up my mom would make a dessert that will always be one of my all-time favorites. This is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. What a beautiful dessert for the 4th of July – just add fresh blueberries to the top for a red, white and blue look.
- 2 (3 oz.) pkgs. of raspberry Jello
- 2 C. boiling water
- 2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen raspberries
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 1/2 C. pretzels, crushed
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 (12 oz.) Cool Whip
- 1 C. Sugar
Mix 3 tablespoons sugar, butter and pretzels together. I use my food processor to chop up the pretzels first and then add in the melted butter and sugar.The original recipe says to pat into a 9 x 13 pan but I wanted this to be pretty so I used my spring form pan – either is fine. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Spread over baked and cooled pretzel mixture. Dissolve Jello in boiling water and add frozen raspberries. I used both raspberries and blueberries. You could use any fruit that you like. Let jell slightly (this doesn’t take long) and spread Jello mixture on top. Place in the refrigerator for a few hours to firm it up.
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad. (workofheartandsoul.wordpress.com)
- Quick frozen raspberry dessert with strawberries michelle urvater (jakesears2.typepad.com)
- Pretzels by Jonathan Galassi (attentiontoliving.wordpress.com)
- 12 Ideas for Patriotic Food Fun (redtri.com)