I am getting addicted to looking for old furniture to make pretty. I only had one of my helpers with me one day so I thought going to Goodwill would be a good idea. I had room with just one car seat if I found something. I found it! The ugliest thing on the planet. Okay not the ugliest but pretty darn close and it was gross. Who ever owned this table put a piece of glass on top, put sticky things and glue all over it, and child bumpers around the edge. I was very confused by this concoction but I loved the hardware and the detail on it.
Once home I tried getting the glass off. It was like trying to get a suction cup off of something and once it came off, it released a smell that no human should ever witness! Picture lot’s of gagging. Kilz you have a job ahead of you!
After getting all the sticky stuff off the top I did a thick coat of primer and then painted it cream. Do you like my painting table? It works but the girls don’t like it. I guess I can’t blame them it is theirs.
I wanted a worn look so I roughed up the edges with sandpaper and then did a little dark brown paint in the detail areas. I just cleaned the hardware and when I say cleaned I mean sanitized. I did poly the top of this so it would be protected. The girls want it in their toy room. It’s going to look great with a few other pieces. First we need to clean the toy room!
- Before and After Sewing Table (farmboycitygirl.com)
- Tutorial Tuesday! (dreamingahome.wordpress.com)
- Dina’s Vibrant and Eclectic Home House Tour (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Give your furniture an antiqued or distressed look (ladulcelavie.wordpress.com)
- LOVE Your Bedroom! (ambercapone.wordpress.com)
- Preparing Furniture for Refinishing (pagesla.wordpress.com)