Trust me I did not do this one on purpose because it’s healthy it just sounded really good to me. The bonus is – it is healthy and fast! I am not even the cook in the house so not sure why I am so inspired to be in the kitchen (it must be this blog). I got the recipe from a cook book called Salads by Elena Balashova.
Garbanzo Bean Salad Ingredients:
- 2 – 14 oz cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 2 firm, ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into this strips
Tzatziki Dressing Ingredients:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ cup of low-fat yogurt (I use Greek Yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (I use our garlic press)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. To prepare the salad, combine the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and bell peppers in a bowl.
2. To prepare the tzatziki dressing, whisk the oil, vinegar, yogurt, mustard, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
Serves 6, about 168 calories per serving. Next time I might add red onion. This is a great lunch salad or side dish and it lasts a few days in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
- Garbanzo Bean Salad (tammycirceo.typepad.com)
- Greek garbanzo bean salad (thefoodieteacher.com)
- Garbanzo Bean Salad with Fresh Basil and a Lemon Vinaigrette… (onceinlovewithamy.wordpress.com)
- Lemon Pepper Garbanzo Salad (nancycreative.com)
2 thoughts on “Garbanzo Bean Salad With Tzatziki Dressing”
Pingback: Zucchini Salsa, Canned | Ms. Skinny Bitch
Pingback: 4th of July Veggie Salad | healingthymeproducts